North of Kathmandu, south of Tibet Border lies the major attraction of this region a spectacular views of snow-capped mountains such as Langtang Lirung (7246 m) lies to the north; Gang Chhenpo(6388 m) and Naya Kanga ri (5846 m) lie to the south and Dorje Lakpa(6966 m) at the East of the Langtang Valley – Langtang trek is awaits!
Langtang trek starts from the Syabru Besi, driving along the Trisuli River north of Kathmandu, through Trisuli Bazaar. Syabru Besi is a Tibetan village as the villagers are originally from Tibet. This route was well known and important trading route with Tibet, hence the villagers and peoples here still are involved in the trade.
We will trek through Langtang National Park where we can see some wild animals and birds such as red pandas, black beer, white monkeys, musk deer, Pika and the national bird of Nepal, the colorful Danphe in langtang Valley Trekking.
This Langtang valley trek is somewhat remote trekking with amazing valley of Langtang region, where we will have an exciting moment in Langtang valley trek. You will get an opportunity to experience the lifestyle and the culture of the indigenous of the region such as Sherpa and Tamang as the Langtang is only the less spoilt trekking trail in Nepal.
Upon you are arrivals at the Kathmandu Airport, then after fulfill all the legal formalities in the immigration and collect your luggage from the custom and reach at the arrival gate. Then reaching at the arrival gate you will meet our Airport representative who is displaying your name on the board. Then you will transfer to hotel. In the evening our tour operator will explain about the program for tomorrow.
Early in the morning after breakfast, our tour guide will takes you for the sightseeing around the Kathmandu, the sightseeing site are- Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, the famous ‘Monkey Temple’ (Swayambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Bouddhanath) which is one of the large Stupas in the world. In the late afternoon you will have preparation for the trek and you can buy necessary equipment.
Early in the morning, we drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi which takes about eight hours on a public bus. Driving through scenic foothills and ridgeline vistas to Syabru Besi passing Dhunche, we’ll get a glimpse of Ganesh Himal after driving along the mighty Trishuli River. Terraced green hills and lush forests make the drive very pleasurable. Parts of the road though may be bumpy and under construction.
The first part of the trail crosses through the Bhote Koshi River and follows the Langtang Khola. This trail gradually ascends up to Bamboo (1,960 m) passing rugged paths. Afterward, our trek climbs gently to Rimche (2,400 m). We can have lunch at this place and at the end of our trail is the Lama Hotel. En route we could see red pandas, monkeys and bears if we are lucky. Overnight at a guesthouse.
The trek route follows Gumanechok at Ghoda Tabela which literally means the Horse Stable. After this the trail climbs gradually to the beautiful valley with yaks about. Langtang is a typical village and one of the oldest along this trekking route. The views of the mountains are spectacular and become more imposing as we trek closer. Overnight at a guesthouse.
It is shorter walk today, but adequate for acclimatizing. There are some interesting things to explore, especially the famous cheese factory – don’t forget to try some locally produced cheese as fresh as it could get. This beautiful valley is on the lap of the Langtang Lirung. This is the spot where we can explore the valley and climbs several small peaks (hillocks). Overnight at a guesthouse.
Today is a day to rest as we explore the area. You can visit the monastery and the cheese factory, walk up the moraine to see the spectacular ice faces and tumbling glaciers of Langtang Lirung or ascend Kyanjin Ri (4350m) which is the highest point of this trek, directly behind the village, for a breath-taking panorama of the Langtang peaks.
After one day of relaxation and observation of the surrounding in Kyanjin Gompa, we will follow the same trail back to Lama hotel today. Overnight in Lama hotel.
We begin strolling to Syabru Besi from Lama hotel after breakfast and walk our way down on a slow pace. We catch up with the elements of the beautiful forest and the wildlife missed on our way up and will try capturing some species of flora and fauna in our camera. We rest the day in Syabrubesi and it is difficult to find a decent ride back to the capital after noon. Overnight in Syabru Besi.
Early in the morning we take bus or jeep to reach Kathmandu by next 8 hours. The time of arrival depends on the bus route we take, either via Kakani or via the main prithivi highway. Overnight in Kathmandu.
Today we will have free day at Kathmandu for personal activities and you can buy souvenir to your friends, family and relatives. In the evening you will have Farewell dinner with our tour guide. In the evening we will have a farewell dinner in a traditional Nepalese restaurant with cultural performances. Stay overnight at hotel.
If you are interested in extending the trip, there are many options such as Chitwan jungle safari, river rafting adventure, Kathmandu shopping tour, mountain biking and other activities.
Today as per your international flight time, keep your confirmed air ticket, and your passport handy. Our office staff will take you to the airport for your final departure from this amazing country, Nepal
Two clients share one porter. We will supply you a trek duffel bag where you keep your heavy items and this bag is carried by the porter. You will need to bring your own daypack to be carried by you. In the daypack, you can put money, important documents, water bottle/bladder, camera, toiletries, sunscreen, notebook, etc.
Baggage Weight Limitation
The weight limit for the porter is 30 kg or 66 pounds. 15 kg or 33 pounds for each client. So, we recommend you to pack as carefully as you can and not exceed the weight limit. You can leave your non-trekking stuff at the locker facility in the Kathmandu hotel.
- 4-season sleeping bag (We can provide one if you need it but has to be returned after the trek.)
- Duffel bag
- Down jacket (Must have for mornings, nights and evenings, and for altitudes above 4,000 m; We can provide it if you need one but has to be returned after the trek.)
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Sun hat
- Wool or synthetic hat that cover the ears
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Neck warmer
- Liner gloves
- Heavier shell gloves
- Lightweight expedition thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Water/windproof shell jacket (Preferably breathable fabric)
- Synthetic sports bras (For women)
Lower Body – Legs
- Lightweight expedition thermal bottoms
- Nylon hiking shorts
- Soft shell and hard shell trek pants
- Water/windproof trousers
- Casual pants
- Liner socks
- Heavyweight socks
- Waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- Light shoes/sneakers/sandals
- Gaiters (For monsoon and winter)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will carry the first-aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personalized first-aid kit as well.)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Immodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
Miscellaneous, but Important!
- Passport and extra passport photos (3 copies)
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave one at our office in Kathmandu just in case if you need to change the date of your flight.)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit (Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
- Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
- Pee bottle for men and pee funnel for women
- Standard twin-sharing accommodation in a three-star hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast (4 nights only)
- Guided city tour in Kathmandu valley by a private tourist vehicle
- All standard meals during the trek (Breakfast, lunch and dinner)
- Guesthouse accommodation during the trek in mostly twin-share and occasionally dormitory-style rooms
- English-speaking trekking guide
- The required number of local staff and porters to carry your luggage during the trek Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all staff
- Langtang National Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (which need to be returned after the trek)
- Public bus transfer between Kathmandu and Syabru Besi
- Sightseeing/Monument entrance fees in Kathmandu
- Farewell dinner in a traditional Nepali restaurant with cultural performances
- All our government taxes, vat, tourist service charges
- Official expenses
- Travel insurance which covers emergency high-altitude rescue and evacuation
- Return air ticket to / from Kathmandu
- Nepal entry visa (you can obtain the visa easily upon your arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport in Kathmandu. Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 15 days can be obtained by paying US $25. Similarly, Tourist Visa with Multiple Entries for 30 days and 90 days can be obtained by paying US $40 and US $100 respectively. You'll need to prepare 2 copies of passport size photos.)
- Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks
- Personal trekking equipment (Refer to the Highlight tab)
- Tips for trekking porter guide (Tipping is optional but would greatly contribute to the family income of your tour guide)
- Any others expenses that are not mentioned in the Price Includes section