Manaslu Rupina La Pass Trekking was legally opened to tourist in 1991. The local normally call it Manaslu or sometimes Manasula, it means Mountain of the Spirit. Manaslu trekking provides magnificent beauty scenery long the border of Nepal and Tibet and making trekkers to around circuit. Manaslu Rupina La Pass trekking makes trekkers to experience into the wilderness and hidden part of Manaslu region.
Manaslu Region has wonderful waterfall, lakes, ethnic villages, attractive mountain views and green hills with beautiful landscaped. Manaslu Rupina La Pass Trekking offers the attractive landscape with the views of Manaslu(8163m), peak 29 (7879m), Himal Chuli (7893m) and Boudha (6672m) and many more mountains and different flora and fauna. The trekking route to the Manaslu Rupina La pass has got different types of various Monasteries, Mani walls, Chortens and many other religious landmarks temples & more.
Manaslu Rupina La pass trekking is a challenging trekking and every trekker must required good physical fitness and stamina. This trekking offers the wonderful combination of rich cultural heritage, unmatched Himalayan scenic beauty, and the attractive Tibetan culture with its rich mass natural variety. This trekking trail helps trekkers to interaction with local people and makes their trip wonderful and memorable.
Upon you are arrivals at the Kathmandu Airport, then after fulfill all the legal formalities in the immigration and collect your luggage from the custom and reach at the arrival gate. Then reaching at the arrival gate you will meet our Airport representative who is displaying your name on the board. Then you will transfer to hotel. In the evening our tour operator will explain about the program for tomorrow.
Early in the morning after breakfast, our tour guide will takes you for the sightseeing around the Kathmandu, the sightseeing site are- Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, the famous ‘Monkey Temple’ (Swayambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Bouddhanath) which is one of the large Stupas in the world. In the late afternoon you will have preparation for the trek and you can buy necessary equipment.
Early morning after breakfast, you will have drive from Kathmandu to Arughat which takes 7-8hours via Dhadingbesi. Then from Dhadingbesi the road is muddy and the trail offers beautiful green hills and finally reaches to Arughat. Arughat is one of the big bazaars for the local people. You can also visit the local market and do shopping.
Early in the morning after breakfast, you will start your trek by crossing the bridge over Budhi Gandaki and trekking from the west part of Arughat by following the stone-paved street to north through the bazaar. The trail moves forward by passing through the rice field, hydro-electric power plant, millet to Mangaltar and passing the forest you will reach to Shanti Bazaar. Then from Shanti Bazaar the trail is steeper and difficult and again crossing the bridge of Arkhet Khola you will reach to the Arkhet Bazaar. Then from Arkhet Bazaar the trails moves downwards by passing through the cascading waterfall makes the way little difficult then you will reach to Kuerepani. Again from here the trail moves downwards to the Soti Khola. After reaching the Soti Khola you can have rest ad have your lunch.
Today early in the morning after breakfast, we start our trek to Machha Khola. Trekking trail leads through the steep way crossing the bridge and walking through the Sal forest with the trail moving sometime ascend and descend we reach at the Gurug village known as Labubesi. Taking few minutes rest we again start our trek to Machha Khola by trekking steep up for few minutes we finally reach at the Machha Khola.
The trail from Machha Khola to Jagat involves narrow trail walking up and down by crossing the Tharo Khola, passing by the rocky ravine. And tiny village you will reach to Khorla Besi. The trail is challenging in some place. Then hiking few ups and downs you will reach at the hot spring at Tatopani. After the short section walk and climbing over the path of forest then you will reach at the Doban. Then from Doban crossing the suspension bridge over the Doban Khola, from here you will climb the stone stairs up to Tharo Bharyang. After few rest again you have to cross the west bank of Budhi Gandaki and climb on the high path to the fields and villages of Jagat.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we begin our trek to Gomna. The trekking path slowly moves upwards by passing through the terraces and little difficult trail until we reach at the Surtibas. Then reaching at Surtibas we take few minutes rest and have lunch. Then continue trek to Gomna with the attractive views of Ganesh Himal, Shringi Himal and green hills we finally reach at the Gomna.
Today we will have adventures trek by passing through the thick forest where we can get chance to see the wild life such as bear, deer, leopard and many more local mountain birds. The trail is moves slowly up and down with pleasant environment with views of mountain. Then after 7 hours of lovely walk we finally reach at Jarang.
Today our trekking trail leads through the upwards to cross the Rupina la pass. The trekking trail passes through the scenic environment with the views of mountain like- Ganesh Himal, Boudha Himal and Shringi Himal. Then we reach at the Rupina la Phedi and stay overnight at camp.
After breakfast we start our trek up to the Rupina la pass then crossing the Rupina la pass and enjoying the views we slowly move down to Bhedi Odar. Before reaching to Bhedi Odar the trail offers the views of Boudha Himal, Manaslu Mountain, Himal Chuli, Ganesh Himal and Shringi Himal. Then after 6 hours trek we finally reach at the Bhedi Odar.
Today our trekking trail moves sloppy at the beginning with attractive landscaped. After a walk of 4 hours we stop for our lunch and take little rest. Then again continues walk of 2 hours by passing through the forest and green hills with the views of mountain we finally reach at the Bhedi Kharka.
Today we have to trek by passing through the bamboo forest and trail goes up hill until we reach at Dudh Pokhari. Dudh Pokhari is the one of the Hindu Pilgrimage site where many devotees comes to pray. Dudh Pokhari is also consider as best view point of Manaslu Rupina la pass trekking as you can see panoramic views of Mount Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Shringi Himal, Lamjung Himal, Annapurna range and many other unnamed mountains and peaks.
Today we have easy trek by slowly moving down by passing through the bamboo, rhododendron, pine forest and other natural vegetation. Then trekking of 7 hours we finally reach at the Ninghalaghar.
Today after breakfast we slowly trek down for few minutes and again continue our trek to uphill. The trail passes through the forest and quiet way which makes the trek enjoyable then again trekking uphill we finally reach at Chyadi Danda.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we start our trek to Tonje. On the way to Tonje the trail passes through the thin forest and pleasing environment with the sound of birds. Then finally after 7 hours trek we reach at Tonje, which is small village and settlement of Gurung people. In the evening the local people show the cultural dance which makes the trip more memorable.
Today our trekking trail passes through the beautiful village and along the river bank. Then continues trek until reaching to Duwar. Duwar is also the Guurng village but it is bigger than Tonje. In this village we can experience more traditional culture and can interact with local people.
Today we will have easy trek by passing through the terraces, villages and crossing the bridge. On the way to Besisahar we can enjoy our trek with the views of green hills, mountain views and beautiful landscaped. Then enjoying with nature for 6 hours we finally reach at Besisahar.
Early in the morning after breakfast, we drive to Besisahar by the local Jeep. Then after reaching at the Besisahar, we will have 8 hours drive to Kathmandu. The drive leads along the bank of the Marsyangdi and Trishuli rivers with superb views of green hills, mountains, farming terraces and villages on both sides of road. Upon reaching at the Kathmandu we will be transfer to the hotel. After few rest you can have few minutes shopping and in the evening you will have farewell dinner with tour operator.
Today we will have free day at Kathmandu for personal activities and you can buy souvenir to your friends, family and relatives. In the evening you will have Farewell dinner with our tour guide. Stay overnight at hotel.
Today as per your international flight time, keep your confirmed air ticket, and your passport handy. Our office staff will take you to the airport for your final departure from this amazing country, Nepal
Two clients share one porter. We will supply you a trek duffel bag where you keep your heavy items and this bag is carried by the porter. You will need to bring your own daypack to be carried by you. In the daypack, you can put money, important documents, water bottle/bladder, camera, toiletries, sunscreen, notebook, etc. You can leave your bag with your non-trek items at the hotel in Kathmandu and collect them after the trek.
- 4-season sleeping bag (We can provide one if you need it but has to be returned after the trek.)
- Duffel bag (We will provide one complimentary Ace the Himalaya duffel bag which is yours to keep.)
- Down jacket (Must have for mornings, nights and evenings, and for altitudes above 4,000 m; we can provide it if you need one but has to be returned after the trek.)
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Sun hat (We will provide you a complimentary Ace the Himalaya hat.)
- Wool or synthetic hat that cover the ears
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Neck warmer
- Liner gloves
- Heavier shell gloves
- Lightweight expedition thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Water/windproof shell jacket (Preferably breathable fabric)
- Synthetic sports bras (For women)
Lower Body – Legs
- Lightweight expedition thermal bottoms
- Nylon hiking shorts
- Soft shell and hard shell trekking pants
- Water/windproof trousers
- Casual pants
- Liner socks
- Heavyweight socks
- Waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- Light shoes/sneakers/sandals
- Gaiters (For monsoon and winter)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will carry the first-aid kit bag during the trek. However, we still recommend you to bring your personalized first-aid kit as well.)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Immodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
Miscellaneous, but Important!
- Passport and extra passport photos (3 copies)
- Airline ticket (Please makes a copy and leaves one at our office in Kathmandu just in case if you need to change the date of your flight.)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit (Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
- Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
- Pee bottle for men and pee funnel for women
- Kathmandu International Airport Arrival & Departure Transfer by Private Comfortable Car/ Van/ Hiace.
- Welcome and Farewell Dinner with Nepali Cultural Dance show.
- Accommodations Twin Sharing Basis in Kathmandu at 3 to 4 Star hotel.
- All kind of meal including breakfast, lunch and dinner during the trek with accommodation.
- Round trip Land Transportation as per the destination and itinerary.
- English Speaking experienced Trekking Guide (Govt. Trained/Licensed Holder), one extra assistant trek leader for above 8 pax group. 1 porter for 2 person basis (Carry max. 25 kgs per porter) during the trek.
- All official document process charges including Trek Permit, Manaslu permit, TIMS card & any required permits or Official Documentation for trekking.
- Insurance, Transportation, Wages, Equipments and all meals & Lodges for Porters and Guides during the trek
- One day sightseeing of Kathmandu valley.
- Down Jacket, sleeping bag, Osho World Adventure trekking kit bag/duffel bag, First Aid Kit Box (for Normal Treatment only), T-shirt and Trekking maps.
- Note: Down Jacket, Sleeping Bag and Trekking Kit Bag/Duffel Bag must be returned to the company after completing the trekking.
- Emergency helicopter rescue and evacuation coordination service (This is only in case of emergencies, however all guests are responsible to pay helicopter evacuation charge- US$ 2500 per/Hour if necessary. So all our valued guests are kindly advised to make sure that they have necessary Travel Insurance which should cover heli Evacuation expenses in case needed).
- One day free Yoga & Meditation Course in Kathmandu.
- Government taxes & Other Applicable Fees.
- International Airfare to and from your country
- Nepal Visa fee: Nepal entry visa (US$ 25 or equivalent foreign currency for 15 days, US$ 40 or equivalent foreign currency for 30 days & US$ 100 or equivalent foreign currency for 90 days. you will also require 2 passport size photos.)
- Travel & Health Insurance- Emergency Helicopter Rescue Insurance (Most recommended)
- Lunch & Dinner in Kathmandu – keep $ 5 to 10 for per meal in Tourist Restaurant.
- Extra accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara in case of early return from trekking than schedule itinerary.
- Any Alcoholic Drinks, Cold Drinks, Boiled & Mineral Water, Beverages, deserts Etc in Trek
- Health problems and helicopter rescue in Trek. Expenses beyond our control.
- Personal expenses, such as the phone calls, laundry service, internet, bar bills, battery recharge, hot shower, etc.
- Any other cost, which is not mentioned above.
- Tips for tour guides
Frequently Asked Questions
The best seasons to trek in Himalayas of Nepal between Autumn and Spring. You can also enjoy Nepali main festival like Dashain and Tihar. You can also have trekking in other season but you could expect difficult weather situation.
Normally trekking in Nepal is suitable for those who can walk 5-6 hours in day with light weight rucksack. And for adventurous trekking, you must have experience of moderate trekking. And physical fitness is must necessary for trekking. Normally trekking in Nepal is suitable for those who can walk 5-6 hours in day with lightweight rucksack. And for adventurous trekking, you must have experience of moderate trekking. And physical fitness is must necessary for trekking.
Yes! We have free airport pick up and drop facilities with every booked package with us. You just need to inform us time and date of arrival during the booking.
There are three types of accommodation in Nepal depending upon the destination. Lodge or tea house accommodations with basic standard are available in popular trekking trail. And many trail lack lodges and tea house will have homestay or camping style accommodations with expert cooks.
Basic standard but delicious food will be available during the trek. Mostly vegetarian style foods can be expected where lodges or tea houses are available. In camping style trekking, our expert and professional cook will help you. We suggest you must have your breakfast, lunch or dinner where you spend overnight to avoid hunger and fatigue.
You guide will be English talking local Nepali. We can also provide specific language talking guide for you such as Russian, Spanish, Chinese, French, Italian or Malay. All guides are well trained and government authorized which includes Sherpas, Gurung, Magar, Rai and Brahmin.
We provide sleeping bags, down jackets for the Lodge to Lodge trek (Teahouse) and tents, mattresses, kitchen equipment (all of the highest quality) during the Camping Treks. However, trekking shoes, personal equipment and climbing equipment is up to you. See our equipment list or email us for a specific list.
You need to allocate around US $10 per day for lunch and dinner during stay at Kathmandu or Pokhara. During trekking depending upon a destination, you need 20-US $20 per day for lunch and dinner. It would be more than enough unless if you prefer on fancy restaurant in the city.
Yes! Our staffs such as guides, cooks, Sherpas and porters are fully equipped. We are connected with each other and believe in teamwork. We protect and advocates for the rights of all our staffs and they are fully insured.
Yup, You can add another extra days during the trekking. We can arrange to extend the trekking days at your request with additional costs to cover guides, porters, and accommodation along trekking.
Yes! Just let us know your interest; we can customize package according to your need. You can have other activities such as rafting, expedition, bird watching tours, jungle safari and many other adventurous activities in Nepal.