Khopra Danda Trek is one of the finest viewpoints in the Annapurna Region to gaze over captivating views of Mt. Dhaulagiri massif, Annapurna I, II, Annapurna South, Nilgiri, Hiuchuli and many other spectacular peaks.
This trek is the excellent alternative to Annapurna Ghorepani Trek to those who want a little more off beaten trail to explore remotely Nepal with fewer tourists. An early morning Himalayan sunrise views at Poonhill is the starting impression of the trek.
As you go up steeply higher to Upper Chistibung, you will encounter high cascading waterfalls, rushing rivers, lush pine forests with vibrant colors of flowers along with fine settlements of local Gurung tribe of people. You stay at the guesthouse in the mountains will be an unforgettable and rewarding experience. You will be surprised by the natural way of welcoming guests.
Exploring sacred Khayer Lake, encountering the local people of fine Gurung villages, walking through the excellent layered paddy fields with rewarding views of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Nilgiri, Hiuchuli, etc are the major attractions of this trek.
- Walk through the lush pine forests, high cascading waterfalls, rushing rivers listening birds singing.
- Embrace the glowing Himalayan sunrise views from Poonhill.
- Stay with local Gurung and Magar tribes of people along the way to Khopra Danda and know their surprising culture of welcoming guests.
- Explore the sacred and pristine Khayer Lake, one of the holiest place for Hindus.
- Enjoy your spear time at natural hot spring in Tatopani.
- Enjoy the majestic close-up views of Dhaulagiri massif, Annapurna, Lamjung Himal, Nilgiri, Hiuchuli from the Khopra Danda View point.