Panchase trek is an easier trek. Each day of hiking day is not more than 3 to 4 hours which make it ideal for the hikers with moderate fitness, beginning trekkers, as well as kids.
Unlike other treks in Annapurna foothill, Panchase trek sets off with an early morning stimulating boating across Phewa Lake. After crossing, we start our uphill trek towards World Peace Pagoda through lush green forests.
The third-day trek to Panchase Peak is significant which treats you with the amazing views of Gangapurna, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna I, and Annapurna south with the delicious lunch.
The trek is completed as you descend down through the jeep trail of Naudada to Pokhara and Kathmandu.
- An early morning boating across the serene water of Phewa Lake.
- Light walk towards the World Peace Pagoda which is regarded as the finest viewpoint inside the Pokhara.
- Stay with local Gurung tribes of people in Bhumdi and Bhadaure and experience their unforgettable ways/culture of welcoming guests.
- Finest Panoramic views of Gangapurna, Lamjung Himal, Mt. Fishtail, Annapurna and its ranges from Panchase Peak.
Our representative will meet you on your arrival at the Airport and transfer you to the Hotel. An information session about the program will be conducted by our Tour Guide. Overnight stay in Hotel.
Early in the morning after breakfast, our tour guide will takes you for the sightseeing around the Kathmandu, the sightseeing site are- Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, the famous ‘Monkey Temple’ (Swayambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Bouddhanath) which is one of the large Stupas in the world. In the late afternoon you will have preparation for the trek and you can buy necessary equipment.
On this day we have our breakfast by 6:00 a.m. in the morning and head towards tourist Bus Park at Thamel and board a tourist bus to Pokhara. The bus ride will take around 7 hours through curvy roads of hilly terrain with couple of breaks in between for snacks and lunch. The drive to Pokhara on one of the major highways is exhilarating with beautiful views of never leaving tributaries, lush green hills and roadside settlements.
An early peaceful boating towards the corner of Phewa Lake marks the starting of your trek. Then you head to World Peace Pagoda from the lush green hill laid back to Phewa Lake. From the top of the hill, you will be able to explore the beautiful Phewa lake and Pokhara city and Phewa Lake. After some rest, we head to the beautiful Bhumdi village of Gurung settlements where we stay overnight.
A lovely hike from Bhumdi village crossing vibrant rhododendron forests and luch green forests leads us to Thulochaur from where we can see magnificent views of Lamjung Himal, Mt. Fishtail, Annapurna and its ranges.
And early morning ascend upwards to 2500m takes us to Panchase peak. This is the highest point of our trek. Here we take our breakfast enjoying the captivating views of Gangapurna, Lamhjung HImal, Fishtail, Annapurna and Dhaulagiri. Then, heavenly passing through pine forests, today's trails stops at Bhadaure.
This is the last day of our trek, thus after our early morning breakfast in Bhadaure we continue our trek to Naudada. Then, we take a jeep to Pokhara, and drive back to Kathmandu on a private car if you are on short time, otherwise the trek can also be extended upon your choice.
Today we say our final goodbye. Our representative will come to see you off at the airport. Hoping you had a pleasant and wonderful trekking experience we bid you goodbye.
- Arrival / Departure transfers on international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals during Panchase Trek
- Accommodation in comfortable teahouse during the trek.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Half day guided city tour as listed in itinerary.
- Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara on a tourist coach.
- On retuning back from Pokhara to Kathmandu, a private transportation is provided.
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, duffel bag etc during the trip.
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking guides and other support staff.
- Annapurna Poon Hill trekking map.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters
- Osho Adventure T-shirts / other seasonal gifts.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Trekking permit, Annapurna conservation entry fees.
- International Airfare from Home – Kathmandu – Home.
- Photocopy charges, web usage and telephone calls.
- Nepal VISA cost which will be charge at Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Travel Insurance
- Extra cost due to natural calamities and hiring additional transportation and porters.
- Emergency evacuation costs (for rental of land cruiser). Medical and Rescue insurance is recommended. We recommend you to purchase insurance with zero deductible.
- Any additional meals in Kathmandu.
Two clients share one porter. We will supply you a trek duffel bag where you keep your heavy items and this bag is carried by the porter. You will need to bring your own daypack to be carried by you. In the daypack, you can put money, important documents, water bottle/bladder, camera, toiletries, sunscreen, notebook, etc. The weight limit for the porter is 30 kg or 66 pounds. 15 kg or 33 pounds for each client. So, we recommend you to pack as carefully as you can and not exceed the weight limit. You can leave your non-trekking stuff at the locker facility in the Kathmandu hotel.
- 4-season sleeping bag (We can provide one if you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffel bag
- Down jacket (Must have for mornings, nights and evenings, and for altitudes above 4,000 m; We can provide it if you need one but has to be returned after the trek.)
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Sun hat
- Wool or synthetic hat that cover the ears
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Neck warmer
- Liner gloves
- Heavier shell gloves
- Lightweight expedition thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Water/windproof shell jacket (Preferably breathable fabric)
- Synthetic sports bras (For women)
Lower Body – Legs
- Lightweight expedition thermal bottoms
- Nylon hiking shorts
- Soft shell and hard shell trekking pants
- Water/windproof trousers
- Casual pants
- Liner socks
- Heavyweight socks
- Waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- Light shoes/sneakers/sandals
- Gaiters (For monsoon and winter)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will carry the first-aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personalized first-aid kit as well.)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Immodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
- Passport and extra passport photos (3 copies)
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave one at our office in Kathmandu just in case if you need to change the date of your flight.)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit (Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
- Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
- Pee bottle for men and pee funnel for women