This short Everest base camp trip is designed for those travelers with very limited time, yet who have an enduring desire to wave the almighty Everest. On this short Everest Base camp trek, you will be able to experience astounding mountain views.
Everest Short Trek starts with an exhilarating Himalayan flight towards Lukla from Kathmandu. Then we continue our trek towards Khumbu Region. The trek offers you to explore the culture and lifestyle of legendary and brave mountain climbers ‘Sherpa’ in the Namche Bazaar. Namche Bazaar is the popular trading center of the Everest region and also the one and only gateway to Everest.
We will settle the majority of our trek in Khumbu Region. It offers you the excellent views of Khumbu ranges and ice floating Khumbu glacier-fed lakes. Breakfast in the Everest View hotel treats you with the nose-tip view of the great Mount Everest.
- Breathtaking Himalayan flight from Kathmandu to Lukla offers the captivating views of some Ganesh Himal, Manaslu, Langtang Himal ranges, and Jugal.
- Walk through the bank of Dudh- Koshi to Everest National Park and encounter with vibrant rhododendron, maple, oak etc.
- Explore the Himalayan city 'Namche Bazaar' and experience lifestyle and culture of brave and legendary Sherpa people.
- Excellent view of the great Mount Everest from the Syangboche/Khumjung along with icefloating Khumbu glaciers.
Our representative will meet you on your arrival at the Airport and transfer you to the Hotel. An information session about the program will be conducted by our Tour Guide. Overnight stay in Hotel.(B/B plan)
Early morning drives to Tribhuwan International Airport and then 35-minute scenic flight to Lukla airport. In Lukla, you will be introduced with your Guide and Porters. Our Everest Panoramic Trekking starts from here passing along the left bank of Dudh Koshi before reaching Phakding.
From Phakding, our trail crosses the suspension bridge over the Dudh-Kosi. The walk is pleasant with few short uphill and downhill, with magnificent views of Thermasarkhu (6,608m), then reaching a small village of Monjo, the entrance of Sagarmatha National Park. A short descent to the Jorsaleand Village and the trail levels for some time. We are now heading towards Namche Bazaar- the walk along the riverbed is pleasant before winding uphill path, with the magnificent view of Kwangde peak, Kusum kangru Mt.Everest- Nuptse wall, Lhotse, and Taweche peak in the background. Namche Bazaar is the capital of Sherpa people, distinct for its colorful houses, monasteries located at high altitude. We will be careful to avoid altitude sickness.
This day we will hike to Syangboche Airport (3700m) which is the highest airport in the world. From Namche Bazzar, we continue to trek to Everest View Hotel for great panoramic views of the Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Amadablam, Tawache etc. We also visit Sherpa Culture Museum and Everest Photo Gallery. Overnight at Guesthouse with full breakfast, lunch, and dinner included.
The trail descends steeply so we have to be very careful. We will be crossing the suspension bridge over the Dudh Koshi. We can see many Rhododendron, and pine trees on the way and we can also get the view of beautiful snow capped mountains. We will be crossing Sherpa Villages where you can experience the impressive faith in Buddhism and culture of prayer stones and prayer flags. On arriving Lukla, we can get fresh and enjoy out last day of the trek.
We will have our breakfast and then grab our bags and move towards the Tenzing-Hillary Airport from where we will be flying back to Kathmandu. After the exciting trek, you can relax at the hotel as this will be your last day in Kathmandu.
Today is your last day in Kathmandu. Hope you have enjoyed your trip with us in Nepal. As per your flight time, you will be transferred to the international Airport for your departure back to your country. We hope to see you again!
- Arrival / Departure transfers on both domestic and international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
- Accommodation in comfortable teahouse during Everest Trek.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Domestic flight. Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Free use of quality trekking gear - sleeping bag, fleece inner liner, down jacket, duffel bag etc during the trip.
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking guides and other support staff.
- Everest Trekking map.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Warm clothing and other required trekking gear for porters
- Osho Adventure T-shirts / other seasonal gifts.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Trekking permit, Everest National Park entrance fees.
- International Airfare from Home – Kathmandu – Home.
- Photocopy charges, web usage and telephone calls.
- Nepal VISA cost which will be charge at Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Travel Insurance
- Extra cost due to natural calamities and hiring additional transportation and porters.
- Emergency evacuation costs (for rental of land cruiser). Medical and Rescue insurance is recommended. We recommend you to purchase insurance with zero deductible.
- Any additional meals in Kathmandu.
Two clients share one porter. We will supply you a trek duffel bag where you keep your heavy items and this bag is carried by the porter. You will need to bring your own daypack to be carried by you. In the daypack, you can put money, important documents, water bottle/bladder, camera, toiletries, sunscreen, notebook, etc. The weight limit for the porter is 30 kg or 66 pounds. 15 kg or 33 pounds for each client. So, we recommend you to pack as carefully as you can and not exceed the weight limit. You can leave your non-trekking stuff at the locker facility in the Kathmandu hotel.
- 4-season sleeping bag (We can provide one if you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffel bag
- Down jacket (Must have for mornings, nights and evenings, and for altitudes above 4,000 m; We can provide it if you need one but has to be returned after the trek.)
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Sun hat
- Wool or synthetic hat that cover the ears
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Neck warmer
- Liner gloves
- Heavier shell gloves
- Lightweight expedition thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Water/windproof shell jacket (Preferably breathable fabric)
- Synthetic sports bras (For women)
Lower Body – Legs
- Lightweight expedition thermal bottoms
- Nylon hiking shorts
- Soft shell and hard shell trekking pants
- Water/windproof trousers
- Casual pants
- Liner socks
- Heavyweight socks
- Waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- Light shoes/sneakers/sandals
- Gaiters (For monsoon and winter)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will carry the first-aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personalized first-aid kit as well.)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Immodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
- Passport and extra passport photos (3 copies)
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave one at our office in Kathmandu just in case if you need to change the date of your flight.)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit (Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
- Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
- Pee bottle for men and pee funnel for women