Tanahunsur Village is the historically and culturally rich that lies at the Tanahun District of Nepal. Just 5 hours drive from the country’s capital, you will have a great chance to witness rural life, culture, and tradition of the indigenous people living at Tanahunsur Village.
The center point of this village offers magnificent views of Mt. Annapurna, Macchhapuchre, Lamjung Himal, Ligligkot, Raginaskot, Mirlugkot, Tamakot and many more supported by the beautiful fertile layered terraces at the hillside. The Himalayan sunrise and sunset view from the top of Tanahunsur Village makes this homestay tour highly aspiring.
You will get to encounter with daily activities of the local traditional people, get to work with them either in the field or taking cattle to graze at the riverside. Not only this, but you will also be savored by the local organic foods that are grown at their own courtyard. The inhabitants of this village are Newar, Magar, Brahmin, Chhetri, Sarki, Kasain, etc where you enjoy their customs, traditions, and beliefs. Chutka Dance is a famous and popular dance in this village.
Day visit to Temple of Goddess Khagda Kali, Gaddi Chautara, and Rani Chautara will make your day more peaceful and prosperous. You will also experience the historical significance of the place by visiting the Tanahun Kingdom where the mother of King Prithvi Narayan Shah was born.
- Excellent Himalayan sunrise and sunset view of Mt. Annapurna, Machhapurchhre, Lamjung Himal and Ligligkot.
- Spend most of the time with locals either doing activities on the farm( if monsoon season) or taking cattle to graze over the hills.
- Enjoy the most popular Chutka dance with amazing music and traditional song.
- The organic Dal, Bhat, Curry- the National dish
- Explore the Tanahun Kingdom, Goddess Khadga Kali Temple.