The royal trek(1730m) is one of the shortest and easiest treks in the foothill of Annapurna. The blend of diverse cultures with superb views of Mt. Fishtail and Annapurna ranges at the northern highlands makes this trek one of the most exhilarating trips in the Annapurna Region.
The trek is very suitable for beginners, hikers with moderate, for the kids as well. Less crowd of tourists, more remote places to explore, and easy uphill steps are the main characteristics features of the trek. This beautiful journey of exploration begins from a day drive to the city of beautiful lakes; Pokhara passing through the Gurung settlements, layered rice terrains, and lush green forests. The trekking trail marks its completion at Begnas Lake, 30km west of Pokhara city.
- Start your trip with a light evening walk around the Phewa Lake in Pokhara.
- Captivating views of spectacular Mt. Fishtail, Langtang Himal, Mt. Annapurna and its ranges.
- Stay with local people, Gurungs and Magar tribes of people, and experience their culture
- Excellent layered rice terrains of along the way.
- Boat across the natural serene Begnas Lake.
Our representative will meet you on your arrival at the Airport and transfer you to the Hotel. An information session about the program will be conducted by our Tour Guide. Overnight stay in Hotel.
Early in the morning after breakfast, our tour guide will takes you for the sightseeing around the Kathmandu, the sightseeing site are- Durbar Square, the sacred Hindu temple of Pashupatinath, the famous ‘Monkey Temple’ (Swayambhunath) and Buddhists shrine (Bouddhanath) which is one of the large Stupas in the world. In the late afternoon you will have preparation for the trek and you can buy necessary equipment.
On this day we have our breakfast by 6:00 a.m. in the morning and head towards tourist Bus Park at Thamel and board a tourist bus to Pokhara. The bus ride will take around 7 hours through curvy roads of hilly terrain with couple of breaks in between for snacks and lunch. The drive to Pokhara on one of the major highways is exhilarating with beautiful views of never leaving tributaries, lush green hills and roadside settlements.
After breakfast at the heart of Phewa Lake, we take a jeep and proceed to Bijayapur. From here we start our journey toward Kalikasthan crossing several paddy fields. We cross a small river and descend to Kalikasthan. Overnight we stay at Kalikasthan.
Today, we start our journey through the settlements of local people, rhododendron forests towards Syaklung. We pass by a ridge from where we can see spectacular views of Lamjung Himal and its ranges. This is the highest point of the trek.
An early morning rise from Syaklung through the ethnic Gurung village offers you to explore the local lifestyle of the people. Descending through diverse rhododendron forests and pine trees, we stay overnight at Chisapani.
After a breakfast, we descend towards Begnas Lake. This Lake is also known as freshwater lake in Pokhara. After a nice drink, we enjoy our spear time in Begnas Lake by boating. Then we take a jeep to Pokhara.
On this day we have our breakfast by 6:00 a.m. in the morning and get ready to head towards Kathmandu. The bus ride will take around 7 hours through curvy roads of hilly terrain with couple of breaks in between for snacks and lunch. Tracing the same way back we reach Kathmandu and we transfer you back at the hotel.
Today we say our final goodbye. Our representative will come to see you off at the airport. Hoping you had a pleasant and wonderful trekking experience we bid you goodbye.
- Arrival / Departure transfers on international flights.
- Standard Hotel Accommodation in Kathmandu / Pokhara on a twin share bed- and- breakfast basis as per the itinerary.
- Full board meals during the trek.
- Accommodation in comfortable homestay while doing Royal Trekking.
- Welcome dinner with cultural program as listed in the itinerary.
- Full- Day guided city tour as listed in itinerary.
- Private transportation to and from the starting and ending points of the trek as applicable.
- Professional local trekking group leader well trained in Wilderness First Aid.
- Comprehensive First Aid Kit.
- Trekking guides and other support staff.
- Royal trekking map.
- Porters to carry all personal gear and group equipment.
- Osho Adventure T-shirts / other seasonal gifts.
- Comprehensive pre-departure information and trip dossiers
- Local Tax and Government Fees.
- International Airfare from Home – Kathmandu – Home.
- Photocopy charges, web usage and telephone calls.
- Nepal VISA cost which will be charge at Tribhuvan International Airport.
- Travel Insurance
- Extra cost due to natural calamities and hiring additional transportation and porters.
- Emergency evacuation costs (for rental of land cruiser). Medical and Rescue insurance is recommended. We recommend you to purchase insurance with zero deductible.
- Any additional meals in Kathmandu.
Two clients share one porter. We will supply you a trek duffel bag where you keep your heavy items and this bag is carried by the porter. You will need to bring your own daypack to be carried by you. In the daypack, you can put money, important documents, water bottle/bladder, camera, toiletries, sunscreen, notebook, etc. The weight limit for the porter is 30 kg or 66 pounds. 15 kg or 33 pounds for each client. So, we recommend you to pack as carefully as you can and not exceed the weight limit. You can leave your non-trekking stuff at the locker facility in the Kathmandu hotel.
- 4-season sleeping bag (We can provide one if you need it but has to be returned after the trek)
- Duffel bag
- Down jacket (Must have for mornings, nights and evenings, and for altitudes above 4,000 m; We can provide it if you need one but has to be returned after the trek.)
Upper Body - Head / Ears / Eyes
- Sun hat
- Wool or synthetic hat that cover the ears
- Sunglasses with UV protection
- Neck warmer
- Liner gloves
- Heavier shell gloves
- Lightweight expedition thermal tops
- Fleece jacket or pullover
- Water/windproof shell jacket (Preferably breathable fabric)
- Synthetic sports bras (For women)
Lower Body – Legs
- Lightweight expedition thermal bottoms
- Nylon hiking shorts
- Soft shell and hard shell trekking pants
- Water/windproof trousers
- Casual pants
- Liner socks
- Heavyweight socks
- Waterproof hiking/trekking boots
- Light shoes/sneakers/sandals
- Gaiters (For monsoon and winter)
Medicines and First Aid Kits
(Please note our guide will carry the first-aid kit bag during the trek. However we still recommend you to bring your personalized first-aid kit as well.)
- Extra Strength Excedrin for altitude related headaches
- Ibuprofen for general aches and pains
- Immodium or Pepto Bismol capsules for upset stomach or diarrhea
- Diamox (commonly prescribed as Acetazolamide) 125 or 250mg tablets for altitude sickness
- Anti-infection ointments
- Lip balm (At least SPF 20)
- Sunscreen (SPF 40)
- Passport and extra passport photos (3 copies)
- Airline ticket (Please make a copy and leave one at our office in Kathmandu just in case if you need to change the date of your flight.)
- Durable wallet/pouch for travel documents, money & passport
- Water bottle/bladder
- Water purification Iodine tablets
- Toiletry kit (Be sure to include toilet paper stored in a plastic bag, hand wipes, and liquid hand sanitizer, towel, soap, etc.)
- Adjustable trekking poles
- Favorite snack foods (No more than 2 pounds)
- Paperback books, cards, mp3 player
- Cameras (Memory cards, chargers and also batteries)
- Pee bottle for men and pee funnel for women